Training & Performance Coaching
Learn to sail – further develop your skills
SCYC recommend two locally based, professionally run organisations for children and adults alike who are either looking to have a go at boating, sailing, safe and enjoyable use of their power craft, or those looking to develop their sailing performance, seamanship skills and qualifications to the highest level.
Abersoch Sailing School
Andrew Johnson & Stuart Selley – 07944 078433
- RYA Dinghy Courses - Beginner to advanced
- RYA Powerboat Courses - Beginner to Advanced
- General Instruction - Dinghy - Keelboat - Powerboat
- Specific, tailored lessons for Adults or Children - Aged 6 and upwards
- Comprehensive personal and safety kit provided
- Supervised Boat Provision (hire) - Dinghies and Keelboats - Kayaks and Pedalo’s
Offshore Sea School – Pwllheli based
Hope Filby – 01758 701379
- Fully recognised RYA Training centre.
- All course information and prices are included on the website with our contact details. We offer;
- Full range of shore based courses (This can also be offered as Distance Learning).
- Beginner courses up to advanced in power.
- Beginner courses up to Yacht master in sail or motor.
- The safety boat course.
- ICC test and CEVNI tests.
We have commercially endorsed skippers with swift water rescue training who have passed the flood water rescue boat operators course who can offer commercial safety in inland and coastal waters (this is known as Offshore Safety).
Pwllheli & Penllyn Sea Cadet
Contact Malcolm Blackburn through the SCYC office
We are Pwllheli and Penllyn Sea Cadets and part of the UK's largest maritime youth charity.
Cadets go to sea, learn to sail and do adventure training, all on a nautical theme, plus get extra skills to give you a head start in life.
As a Sea Cadet you will test your talents and stamina and develop new skills to give you a head start in life. You will also get the chance to make new friends and have fun.
You can join us as a cadet if you are 10-18. Visit the main Sea Cadet site to see a full range of what's on offer. Junior Cadets 10-12, Sea Cadets 12-18, Royal Marines Cadets 13-18.